Friday, August 15, 2014

Transgender couple who BOTH changed sex prepare to explain to their two children how their father gave birth while their mom provided the sperm

Transgender couple who BOTH changed sex prepare to explain to their two children how their father gave birth while their mom provided the sperm

 Daily Mail | August 15, 2014

A transgender couple are preparing to tell their children when they get get older that their father actually gave birth to them and the person that they call their mother is in fact their father.

Bianca and Nick Bowser are a happily married couple and live in Kentucky with their two young sons.

Nick, 27, was born a girl, called Nicole, but for the last seven years has lived as a man.

Bianca, 32, who is a drag artist, was born as a boy called Jason, and transitioned to live as a woman 11 years ago.

The transgender couple still have their original sex organs because they cannot afford reconstructive surgery.

The cost of male to female surgery can range from £4,000 to £15,000, while female to male surgery can exceed £30,000.
Transgender couple who BOTH changed sex prepare to explain to their two children how their father gave birth while their mom provided the sperm

And they insist their children, Kai, now three, and Pax, almost one, will be fine because their upbringing will be loving, supportive, secure, and perfectly 'normal'.

Bianca said: 'The kids currently have no idea. It's not like strangers ever guess in restaurants or at the shops.

'I don't know when we will start to tell them, maybe when Kai is around six, but they will need to be old enough to understand.

'It is important they know because it's a big secret to keep from your children and if they found out another way they could hold huge resentment.

'But I don't worry about how they will react. We will not treat it as a 'bad' thing. And young kids are accepting and non-judgemental.'

She adds: 'Being transsexual doesn't define who we are , just as being black or white or skinny or fat doesn't define you either.'

Nick says he had always felt that he was different from a young age.

He says: 'I was born a girl, but I never felt female.

'I was a tomboy and wanted to dress in jeans and t-shirts. I came out as a lesbian when I was 17, but when I spoke to other lesbians they said they liked being a girl, whereas I hated it.

'My whole life I wanted to look like a boy.

'It was only when I was 20 that I found out about transgenderism and realised I'd been born in the wrong body.'

After that, Nick started living as a man and changed his name.

He told his parents four years ago and, although they took a while to get used to it, they are now fully accepting.

Bianca, who was born Jason, transitioned 13 years ago, and had breast augmentation in 2003, as well as laser hair-removal, but didn't need female hormones because she naturally looks and sounds feminine.

She says: 'I knew there was something different and effeminate about me. When I was 17 we had a school pageant and all the boys dressed in drag. I loved it.

'When I was 18 I started working as a drag act. I met lots of transgender entertainers and started transitioning myself.

The couple were both open to dating other transgender people and when they met in 2009, they hit it off immediately.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2721891/Transgender-couple-prepare-telling-children-father-actually-mother-vice-versa.html#ixzz3AW7RwR00

Labels: ,