Wednesday, October 15, 2014

US could topple my government, kill me: Argentina's Kirchner

US could topple my government, kill me: Argentina's Kirchner

Yahoo News | October 1, 2014

Argentina's President Cristina Kirchner charged in an emotional address that domestic and US interests were pushing to topple her government, and could even kill her.

Domestic business interests "are trying to bring down the government, with international (US) help," she said.

Kirchner said that on her recent visit to Pope Francis -- a fellow Argentine whose help she has sought in Argentina's ongoing debt default row -- police warned her about supposed plots against her by Islamic State activists.

"So, if something happens to me, don't look to the Mideast, look north" to the United States, Kirchner said at Government House.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/us-could-topple-government-kill-argentinas-kirchner-095518100.html

Labels: